Preview Messages is an option on the Samsung Galaxy S20+ Plus. Preview Messages were created to enable users to quickly access messages without needing to unlock their Galaxy S20+ Plus. When Preview Messages are displayed on the Galaxy S20 lockscreen or notification bar, it can cause issues.
You can disable the Preview function on the Samsung Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus phones. Below is a guide to how to disable or turn on Preview messages on the Samsung Galaxy S20 notification bar and lock screen.
Samsung Galaxy S20: How To Enable or Disable Messages Preview
- Turn on Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus
- Click on Menu to select Setting
- Browse for Applications and click on messages
- Choose Notifications
- Now, look for a section called Preview Message
- You will find two boxes. One with Lock Screen, the other with Status Bar.
- Clear out the boxes where the Preview Message isn’t needed
After unchecking the desired box, which prevents the Preview message from appearing in either the lockscreen or the status bar of the screen, all that is required to turn it back on is to recheck those boxes.
If you frequently receive sensitive or important messages, the main reason to enable the Galaxy S20 Preview Messages feature is to protect your messages and notifications.